Monday, April 8, 2013

My back is messed up, so here's act one of Wayward

I hurt it bad two Sundays ago. Lifting a little girly table. It laid me out for 3-4 days. Then I redid it Easter Sunday...PUTTING ON A PAIR OF PANTS. It's constant discomfort now, marked by shooting pain when I shift or change positions which is great for a guy that spends half the day sitting at a keyboard.

Anyway, everyone has problems, and that's mine. It has nothing to do with book 2, I know. The manuscript is in the hands of the editor and she's already over halfway done. I figure another week, but my figuring is getting me in trouble.

In the meantime, here's Blackjack Wayward act one only. This is before my editor has polished it up, so be warned if sentences just end without

http://freepdfhosting.com/be1892ffd9.pdf

*** corrected link ***

7 comments:

  1. Its not Wayward. its Heart of the Jungle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, Daniel. Here's the accurate link:

    http://freepdfhosting.com/be1892ffd9.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude you should try the extending table. You lay down on it and its cross balanced so you can flip upside down vertically. My dad tried it for his back pain fixed him up in no time. You gotta be careful! If you cant write how will I ever get to enjoy more Blackjack novels. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, this is kinda funny:

    In the meantime, here's Blackjack Wayward act one only. This is before my editor has polished it up, -->so be warned if sentences just end without <--

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the preview. However, it was a bit disconcerting. Blackjack seems to have regressed in a rather nasty way. What happened to the intelligent man at the end of book 1 who was more than muscles? Though the hook at the end was good....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine the behavior of Blackjack might be due to the state the final part suggests he is in...but still it was rather disconcerting for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, that's kind of the point. Progress takes time, especially from the neanderthal punk that he started as. He blames people for his misfortunes, he looks outward for his problems, and when placed in that difficult situation, yes, he regresses to an almost primeval state. That's the interesting thing about his "evil"; he's not even aware of how far down he has yet to fall...

    ReplyDelete