Sunday, March 31, 2013

In the meantime...


While we wait for Ashley's amazing powers of textual polishing, I thought I'd share something with you guys: the first act of the next book, which is unrelated to Blackjack.

It's a fun little book that is inspired by the Indiana Jones movies and the Lara Croft and Uncharted video games. It's my own spin on the subject, and I have a few solid ideas for ongoing stories to tell. I basically wanted to find real archeological and historical relics of significance, things no one had ever written about before, and see what ideas I could come up with.


First off is Heart of the Jungle. I've been working on it, on and off, for almost six months now and I finally have a real good concept to work with, and a bunch of characters that keep calling me to the computer. I posted the cover on facebook a few weeks back, but I've just completed the entire first act of the thing and after a quick read, it looks pretty decent.


So, as a thank you for your patience, I'd like to post it for your review. It's rough, rougher than the versions of Wayward that are out there. I basically wrote it, and gave it a quick read, so it's lacking my editor Josh's polish. Believe me, he makes things so much better. In addition, a lot of the final plot kind of came to me as I was writing it. The final version will need the plot backtracked, several new scenes and a lot of transitions to make the whole thing work. I also want to do a header chapter intro, that gives you the place and time of the scene to come. 


I know it's rough, but if you guys want to take a look at the 80-something page first act, I'd love to put it up (no charge, of course). It'd be my way of apologizing for the delay.


Let me know what you think.


Heart of the Jungle - act one (first draft edit)


http://freepdfhosting.com/b58113b2eb.pdf

5 comments:

  1. Will there be another giveaway? Another ARC? I literally check this blog everyday for some sort of update. If the first novel wasn't so damn good, I would have abandoned the series months ago! Sigh, back to waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, sorry about this week. Blew out my back and I've been out of it.Think I'm going to make Act one available for everyone by this Monday, and Act two next weekend if Ashley's not done. It'll give you guys 300-ish pages to enjoy til the full thing is out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you heard of Goodreads.com? My book club and I are all on it and we love it. It would be great to see you on there too...and I would like Wayward to be released soon as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate you willing to give us the first act of Wayward but I hate reading like that. Read a little bit....wait.....read a little bit....wait....read a little bit. I'm just going to have to suck it up and wait for the Allmight Ashley of Editing to finish and grace us with the whole product. Would sacrificing a chicken help speed things up...I don't think I could kill one but you know....if a bucket of KFCs finest could help grease the wheels they're just up the street. Something to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete